There are many ways of getting your fitness and health in check, from home workouts to visiting the gym; there are many different things you can do to take better care of your health. The debate about whether gymming is an overall better choice or home workouts is a forever ongoing one, but the truth is, both of them have their pros and cons. As everyone has been currently rendered unable to visit the gym regularly to protect their own safety as well as those around them, the search for equally effective alternatives is ongoing. However, if you are also someone who’s facing these same issues, all you need to do is get started with a dumbbell workout at home.
- Dumbbells are one of the most common workout equipment used by the majority of people. One of the main reasons so many people use dumbbells is how accessible they are compared to most other workout equipment. Many experts over the years have suggested that dumbbells should be your number one fitness friend, and here’s why:
- Strengthens Muscles: When practising a dumbbell workout at home, one of the main things required is a great amount of stabilisation when handling the equipment. Research has shown this activates a large number of muscle fibres, straining your muscles and leading to both muscle growth and strengthening of muscles.
- Eliminates Strength Imbalances: Most of us have, at some point in our lives, felt like our one arm is weaker than the other, which may have turned into a subconscious habit of using the weaker armless. A dumbbell workout at home is great at identifying these imbalances and eliminating them by putting both arms under unilateral pressure.
- Larger Number of Exercises: The thing with most workout equipment is that there’s only so much you can do with them. They only target a specific part of your body, but that’s not the case with dumbbells. Dumbbells are extremely versatile, and you can do different exercises with them to intensify your routine like a dumbbell press, dumbbell snatch, dumbbell deadlift, etc.
- Safe: One of the main concerns with using equipment is always how safe they are, and that’s where dumbbells work great. Dumbbells are extremely beginner-friendly and safe no matter when you use them, as they come in different weights, and you can choose accordingly. Although you do still need to make sure you’re careful while handling them.
- Movement: Dumbbells allow for maximum movement in terms of flexibility in the shoulders’ range of motion. Other equipments like barbells require your shoulders to be fixed in one position throughout the routine, but with dumbbells, you can move your shoulders and arms in a wider range.
Keeping the above advantages of using dumbbells in mind, it is safe to say that a good dumbbell workout at home performed regularly is enough to help you achieve your fitness goals. Take a look at cult.fit’s dumbbell workout at home pack for some professional guidance on how you can target your entire body with the use of dumbbells. Get started!